Each Peace Dollar is a powerful representation of Canada’s ongoing dedication to universal human rights and world peace. Before becoming Prime Minister of Canada, Lester B. Pearson was awarded a Nobel Peace Prize in 1957 for organizing the first UN peacekeeping force. In the decades since, UN peacekeepers have helped de-escalate conflicts and save lives throughout the world. That legacy of peace and international cooperation is reflected on the reverse of this 1 oz. 99.99% pure silver coin. It combines three extraordinary features: Ultra High Relief (UHR), rose gold plating (new for 2023) and a specially engineered pattern, which pulses with hope for a peaceful and prosperous future.
Canada’s “pulsating” ode to peace is back for 2023—this time, with rose gold plating.
- Fourth Peace Dollar. Canada’s “pulsating” Peace Dollar is back for 2023! Your coin’s reverse combines Ultra High Relief (UHR) and pulsating technology with rose gold plating, which beautifully enhances the already inspiring portrait of peace (“PAX”).
- Ultra high relief. UHR technology lifts the allegory of peace to greater heights by adding extra depth and detail.
- 1 oz. of pure silver. Each coin is struck in 1 oz. of 99.99% pure silver and features a highly reflective proof finish that ensures every engraved detail stands out.
- Limited edition. Mintage is limited to just 6,000 coins worldwide.
- Includes serialized certificate. The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a black Royal Canadian Mint-branded clamshell with a black beauty box.