2013 Canadian 7-Coin Proof Silver Double Dollar Set ft 2013 (1913-) Arctic Expedition 100th Anniv Gold-plated Dollar
Celebrating the Canadian Arctic Expedition of 1913-1916
The Canadian Arctic Expedition was an important event in the exploration of the Canadian Arctic, helping to map the extent of Canada’s Arctic territory, preserve Canada’s sovereignty in the region, and uncover important research about the people, flora, fauna, and geology of the region. The year 2013 marks the 100th anniversary of the Canadian Arctic Expedition.
2013 (1913-) Canadian Arctic Expedition 100th Anniversary Proof Silver & Gold-plated Dollar
This Proof Silver Dollar is certified to be 99.99% pure silver with a diameter of 36.07 millimetres and a weight of 23.17 grams. Designed by Canadian artist Bonnie Ross, the reverse image portrays several significant elements from the Canadian Arctic Expedition. In the foreground, the image draws on the abundant photography from the Expedition to present a portrait of three men standing beside a dogsled packed with gear. Harnessed to the sled, the waiting dog team is watches and listens for the command to move on across the Arctic tundra. Above the mountainous skyline on the distant horizon, a stylized image of a compass pointed 10 degrees east of true North fills the background. The reverse features the words ‘CANADA DOLLAR’ and the dates ‘1913-2013’ to commemorate the 100th anniversary of the Canadian Arctic Expedition. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
– The entire Proof Set is struck in 99.99% Fine Silver.
– Proof Set only: The $1 and $2 are gold plated, while selective gold plating enhances the design of the Proof Dollar.
– The Royal Canadian Mint celebrates the 100th anniversary of the Canadian Arctic Expedition with a coin whose artistry draws on the rich legacy of imagery from the historic exploration of the Canadian Arctic.
– An excellent addition for any collection focused around history, Canadiana, the North, and the celebration of Canadian identity.
– An excellent gift for lovers of history, exploration, the North, and the variety and grandeur of the Canadian landscape.
2013 Canadian 7-Coin Proof Silver Double Dollar Set ft 2013 (1913-) Arctic Expedition 100th Anniv Gold-plated Dollar comes in a Royal Canadian Mint genuine leather book-style case, black beauty box and Certificate of Authenticity.
Face Value: Set – Included are the $2, $1, Loonie, 50 cent, 25 cent, 10 cent, and 5 cent coins.
Composition: 99.99% Fine Silver