2021 Limited Edition 100th Ann. of Canada’s Coat of Arms Special Wrapped 50-cent Roll
The year 2021 marks the 100th anniversary of the original Canadian Coat of Arms. The Coat of Arms was first seen on a Canadian 50-cent coin back in 1937. To commemorate its 100th anniversary, the Royal Canadian Mint has recreated the 1937 Coat of Arms 50-cent design in this Limited Edition Roll. Despite the 50-cent coin no longer being in circulation, collectors still admire the heraldic art found on the 50-cent piece each year.
In 1921, the Canadian Coat of Arms or Arms of Canada was proclaimed by His Majesty King George V. The Coat of Arms is a symbol that illustrates not only Canada itself but also, its political connection to Great Britain and France throughout it’s design. The inclusion of the fleur-de-lis, three royal lions and rose, the royal Scottish lion and thistle, and the royal Irish harp of Tara and shamrock represent France, England, Scotland and Ireland respectively. Later in 1994, the Coat of Arms included the motto of the Order of Canada, Desiderantes Meliorem Patriam (Latin for “they desire a better country”). Today, the Coat of Arms is one of the most iconic symbols in Canada. This heraldic form of art is a powerful symbol of Canada’s sovereignty and it is magnified in this 2021 Limited Edition 100th Ann. of Canada’s Coat of Arms SW 50-cent Roll.
The 50-cent coins found in the 2021 Limited Edition 100th Ann. of Canada’s Coat of Arms SW 50-cent Roll features G. E. Kruger Gray’s simplified version of Canada’s Coat of Arms that first appeared on the 50-cent circulation coin in 1937. Unlike the standard 50-cent coin for 2021, the limited edition coins feature the historic effigy of King George VI by T. H. Paget and the inscription “GEORGIVS VI:G:REX ET IND:IMP” (George VI, by the grace of God, King and Emperor of India), as seen on all Canadian coins in 1937.
Item Number: 179577
Composition: Nickel Plated Steel
Weight: 6.9 g
Diameter: 27.13 mm
Face Value: 50 cents
Artist: G.E. Kruger Gray (reverse), T.H. Paget (obverse)
– Own a limited-edition 50-cent special wrap roll featuring the original coat of arms coin design from 1937.
– Celebrate the 100th anniversary of the original Arms of Canada. These coins are a modern reproductions of the 50-cent coin issued in 1937.
– Historic effigy. Just like the 50-cent coin issued in 1937, these 50-cent coins feature the effigy of King George VI by T. H. Paget and a pre-1947 inscription.
– A 2021 exclusive. A collector favourite, Canada’s 50-cent coin is already the rarest of all our circulation denominations, and these limited-edition ones will be even harder to find – they are only available as part of this special wrap roll.
– Limited to just 10,000 rolls worldwide
Special Wrapped Paper Roll that highlights the 100th Anniversary of the Canada’s Coat of Arms.