Features the classic Raptors logo from their first season,
Toronto was added to the NBA roster in the 1995-1996 season—an expansion that included two Canadian teams. Since 2001-2002, when the Vancouver Grizzlies were relocated to Memphis, Tennessee, the Raptors have been Canada’s only NBA team. Despite this seemingly solitary state, they have managed to host some of the league’s biggest superstars and have broken NBA records for attendance. With a fanbase that stretches from coast to coast to coast, the Raptors truly are Canada’s team.
The perfect gift for a Toronto Raptors fan! Order today!
- CLASSIC RAPTORS LOGO Your pure silver coin depicts the classic Raptors logo, as it appeared in their first season.
- INCLUDES AN NBA AUTHENTICITY HOLOGRAM Commemorate 25 amazing seasons with this officially licensed Canadian coin. And, your package includes an NBA authenticity hologram.
- LIMITED WORLDWIDE MINTAGE Limited to only 8,500 coins worldwide.
- 1 OZ. PURE SILVER! Your coin is crafted from one ounce of 99.99% pure silver.
- NO GST/HST
Your 99.99% pure silver coin features the original Toronto Raptors logo from 1995-96 to the 2007-08 season. The reverse is coloured in the logo’s original red, purple, black, and silver. The logo is set against a stylized rendition of the basketball featured in the logo. The obverse features the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt.
- The 2018-2019 season marked the Raptors’ first in the NBA finals.
- Basketball’s origins are Canadian. Basketball was invented by Canadian James Naismith in 1891. The first-ever NBA game was played in Toronto in 1921.