The king of Canada’s forests, Canis lupus, blends into its surroundings so effectively, you may not immediately see it – but the wolf certainly knows you’re there. This fine silver coin combines a beautifully engraved wildlife portrait with a selective splash of Canada’s fall colours, which help conceal a wily hunter.
Item Number: 168462
Composition: 99.99% pure silver
Weight (g)*: 62.69
Diameter (mm): 50
Face Value: $30
Artist: Emily Damstra (reverse), Susanna Blunt (obverse)
• TWO CANADIAN ICONS ON ONE COIN: One is an elusive hunter, the other is a famously colourful national emblem – the wolf and the maple leaf are cleverly paired together in this special showcase of Canada’s wild beauty.
– FALL COLOURS: A selective application of green, red and golden hues hints at Canada’s colourful fall foliage and transforms the art into a multi-layered design.
• ENGRAVED DETAILS: Precision engraving captures the wolf’s likeness in remarkable detail – from the texture of its fur to the crisp rendering of its facial features.
• A MORE PLAYFUL PORTRAIT: By combining engraving and colouring techniques, the visually compelling design is a slightly more playful take on the traditional wildlife portrait, yet it beautifully highlights the awe-inspiring splendourof our surroundings.
• A GREAT ADDITION OR GIFT – ORDER YOURS TODAY! This fine silver collectible is the perfect addition to any nature- or Canadiana-themed collection, and a marvellous gift idea for any wildlife enthusiast!
Standard maroon clamshell with black beauty box.