Use black light to reveal the stunning Northern Lights.
Every year, people travel to Canada’s northernmost extremes in the hopes of viewing polar bears and the ethereal glow of the aurora borealis, but with this spectacular glow-in-the-dark coin, you can experience both of these treasures whenever you want! View the coin in ambient light to enjoy the daytime movements of a polar bear with remarkable detail, colour and realism. But as day turns to night, so does the scene on your coin, bringing you an unforgettable view of a polar bear beneath a sky of glowing auroras.
A must-have keepsake you’ll admire time and time again! Order today!
- FIRST COIN IN NEW 2-COIN SERIES! Your coin is the first in the new Arctic Animals and Northern Lights two-coin series.
- Second coin in series, Snowy Owl, to be available for purchase in April 2018. Or order the two-coin subscription today to ensure you receive both beautiful coins!
- INCLUDES A BLACK LIGHT FLASHLIGHT! The artistry of your coin can be appreciated in any light, but viewing it under a black light (included) activates the special technology!
- STUNNING NORTHERN LIGHTS! Crafted in 99.99% pure silver with innovative glow-in-the-dark technology that changes the scene from day to night—with stunning northern lights!
- CELEBRATES THE ARCTIC’S AMAZING WILDLIFE! A masterpiece brilliantly executed in full colour that celebrates the Arctic’s amazing wildlife and natural phenomena that have mystified humanity for centuries!
- ADMIRED TIME AND TIME AGAIN! Your coin’s realism, impeccable detail, rich colour and glowing effects will be admired time and time again!
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins. Most of these are serialized certifications, meaning that each certificate is given a unique number, starting at 1.
- LOW WORLDWIDE MINTAGE: Only 4,000 coins will be made available worldwide. Hurry and order yours today before they are all gone!
- TWO-OUNCE 99.99% PURE SILVER COIN! Your coin has no GST/HST!
Canadian artist Trevor Tennant created an immersive design that takes you within feet of a polar bear navigating the sea ice. Exceptional detail and beautifully executed colour capture the subtleties in the bear’s thick coat, and the warm glow of the setting sun that fills the Arctic sky and mirror-like openings in the sea ice. When you expose your coin to black light, a different scene appears: Day turns to night as the sun sets behind a fiery orange horizon, and northern lights fill the sky with a ribbon of glowing yellow and green.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.