Amazing yin and yang-shaped coins fit together to form a full circle!
Cunning tiger meets the regal dragon in this truly unique pair of yin- and yang-shaped pure silver coins. Beautifully engraved and coloured in the motifs of China’s popular paper-cut folk art, the two coins fit together to create a circle. Both feature unique obverses engraved with cherry blossom boughs. The set is specially encapsulated to highlight the coins’ unique relationship to one another of perfect harmony.
An ideal gift for someone who enjoys a fun addition to a gorgeous coin design! Order your coin today!
- OUR FIRST! COINS FIT TOGETHER TO FORM A FULL CIRCLE! Amazing yin and yang-shaped coins fit together to form a full circle! We have never before launched coins in this unique shape and composition.
- DESIGNED IN THE STYLE OF PAPER-CUT FOLK ART! Beautiful reverse designs partake of China’s paper-cut folk art, traditionally used for decoration, festival celebration, and gift-giving.
- HONOURS CHINESE CULTURE! Each element of the reverse and obverse designs has been carefully selected to honour Chinese culture and tradition.
- PERFECT HARMONY! Encapsulated in a special holder for the two coins, displaying their artful relationship.
- INCLUDES SERIALIZED CERTIFICATE! The Royal Canadian Mint certifies all of its collector coins.
- LOW MINTAGE! Limited to 6,000 coins worldwide.
- 1 OZ. PURE SILVER! Your two coins combined are one ounce 99.99% pure silver.
- NO GST/HST!
This engraved and selectively-coloured pair of coins is designed to fit together to form a single circle. Shaped in the traditional Chinese yin form, the first coin features the image of the tiger, the word “CANADA,” and the date “2018.” The tiger is stylized to mimic Chinese paper-cut folk art. Selective colour brings vibrancy to the design. The tiger is surrounded by 11 engraved cherry blossoms. The upper portion of the reverse features an intricate engraved border that is completed on the other coin, forming a full decorative outer circle when the two coins are fitted together. The second coin is shaped in the traditional yang form. Its reverse features the face value of “10 DOLLARS” along with a stylized yellow-gold dragon. The dragon, like the tiger, is designed in the style of paper-cut folk art and is adorned with vivid red motifs and a bright green ridge along its back. Nine engraved cherry blossoms surround it. The unique obverses of both coins feature the effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II by Susanna Blunt along with a branch of engraved cherry blossoms.
Your coin is encapsulated and presented in a Royal Canadian Mint-branded maroon clamshell with a black beauty box.