2017 Canada 5-cent Big Coin – Alex Colville Designs 5oz. Fine Silver (No Tax)
They are a connection to our past; and for many coin collectors, they ignited a lifelong passion for collecting. As Canada celebrates its 150th anniversary, this Commemorative re-issue of the 1967 Canadian Centennial coins revisits one of Canada’s most iconic coins: the Alex Colville-designed five-cent coin, which has been beautifully re-created and enhanced on this 5 oz. fine silver coin.
Item Number: 156446
Composition: 99.99% pure Silver
Weight (g): 157.6
Diameter (mm): 65.25
Face Value: 5 Cents
– FOURTH coin in an unforgettable series that celebrates Canada’s 150th anniversary and the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Canadian Centennial circulation coins.
– Never before have these iconic designs been featured in 99.99% pure silver – and on a much larger scale (65.25-mm diameter) – uniquely enhanced with stunning gold plating selectively applied to the reverse and obverse.
– The proof finish is gorgeously enhanced with modern polishing techniques that highlight the meticulous engraving of each subject.
– For added historical authenticity, the obverse features the second effigy of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II, as it appeared on the original coins.
– Third Big Coin series to feature iconic Canadian circulation coins: Previous ones sold out very quickly; given the popularity of the original designs, and a low mintage of just 2,150 coins per denomination, this series will be highly sought after.
– An eye-catching addition to any Canadiana-, history-themed or circulation coin collections.
– A great opportunity to revisit a proud moment in our history while celebrating another key milestone!