No other symbol is as synonymous with Canada as its distinctive red-and-white flag. To Canadians at home and abroad, the red maple leaf unites us and instills a sense of belonging regardless of our different cultures, languages and beliefs. As the National Flag of Canada celebrates its 50th anniversary, the Royal Canadian Mint proudly pays tribute to a beloved national symbol by showcasing the flag on the annual Proof Silver Dollar.
The reverse design by Canadian artist John Mantha brings together symbolic elements that reflect how the Canadian flag is perceived both at home and abroad. Occupying much of the image’s field, the famous red flag – its white centre square bearing the stylized red maple leaf – billows softly in the wind at full-mast atop a flagpole. Beneath it, a backpacker stands turned to the right and gazes at the horizon beyond a landscape that is a cross-section of Canada. This traveller’s journey highlights the freedom and opportunities offered by Canada to explore and grow, whether at home or abroad. And while the addition of a small Canadian flag on the backpack is a common practice for Canadian travellers, it also speaks to the respect and recognition this national symbol receives throughout the world. The flag’s 50th anniversary is highlighted with a symbolic ring of 50 maple leafs.
Item Number: 133232
Composition: 99.99% pure Silver
Weight (g): 23.17
Diameter (mm): 36.07
Face Value: $1
– Celebrate the Canadian spirit with this 56th coin in the Royal Canadian Mint’s Proof Dollar series, which have been highly sought after every year since 1937.
– The Royal Canadian Mint’s renowned artistry and craftsmanship bring to life this stunning design that celebrates the 50th anniversary of Canada’s flag through the use of symbolic imagery.
– The stunning 99.99% Fine Silver Proof Dollar is polished to give it a flawless, mirror-like finish.
– This collectible piece allows the collector to celebrate their pride for their country and commemorate a milestone in Canadian history.
– A beautiful addition to any Canadiana-themed collection.
– A meaningful gift for those whose love for their country runs deep.