The eagle is one of seven creatures featured in the Seven Sacred Teachings practiced by Aboriginal people throughout North America for living a full and happy life. Many groups refer to the eagle for its lesson of love; not merely love between two people, but more importantly, self-love. Without it, one cannot truly love another. Self-love propels us towards our destiny; it inspires us to be the best we can be and soar!
Canadian artist Nathalie Bertin, who is Metis, has created a powerful image of an eagle soaring in flight while an abstract figure reaches out to embrace the eagle and its teachings of love. The eagle’s wings and tail feathers form the subtle shape of a heart while a background pattern of tobacco leaves, the plant associated with the lesson, reinforces the eagle’s teachings.
Item Number: 132621
Composition: 99.99% pure silver with selective gold plating
Weight (g): 31.83
Diameter (mm): 40
Face Value: $20
– First of seven coins in this exciting new series celebrating the Seven Sacred Teachings of love, respect, courage, honesty, wisdom, humility and truth practiced by First Nations people across Canada. It’s an outstanding collection of aboriginal wisdom and art.
– Features an original design by Mtis artist Nathalie Bertin, inspired by the Woodland style of her Algonquin ancestry.
– Powerful image reveals the subtle shape of a heart formed by the eagle’s wings and tail feathers.
– Stunningly crafted in 99.99% pure silver with selective gold plating.
– Perfect for anyone with an interest in First Nations art, culture and history and to encourage anyone in the pursuit of their dreams.
– A limited-edition work of art with 10,000 coins available worldwide.